Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No sickness but lots of shoes...


So the wee one is on the road to recovery, thankfully it only lasted 36 hours.  Such a nasty bug gastro, especially when it hits someone so young and they don't understand why they feel so bad or that they can't communicate that to you.  However, I knew Abbey was better when she went back into her wardrobe for her shoes. Yes, my darling daughter has taken after me and developed a wee thing for shoes. 


She started walking about 4 weeks ago now and already has 12 pairs (including two pairs of boot slippers).  I cant help myself, they are so cute, teeny weeny mary-janes or trainers (sneakers, runners whatever you want to call them!).   There are only two pairs currently too big the rest are for now, yes I colour coordinate her shoes to her outfit!  


Me, I own about 20 pairs.  This has dwindled significantly since I moved here.  Back in NZ my shoes took up most of my wardrobe. I'd hate to think how many I had but I know it was more than 20!    The problem I have now is that I spend my time in flats or trainers, even barefoot (at home peoples at home).  I miss wearing heels, I'm only 5"2 (yes Mum not 4"0!) so my heels were part of me as much as part of my wardrobe.


My boots are a current favourite, gorgeous knee-high black boots with a buckle round the ankle.  A little heel, so I can push the pram and not fall over on any of the building site mess I walk past everyday.  I'd love to tell you I have Michael Korrs, Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo in my wardrobe but alas at last count the majority are Novo.  This you see is the downfall of small feet.  They are childlike, so small I once almost purchased a pair of trainers, only to have the girl at the counter point out to me that they said 'weebok' not Reebok.  That could have been embarassing.


So I shall leave you with a picture of my latest purchase for the wee Miss, aren't they just gorgeous ...




3 comments:

Brenda said...

ooh ooh I want one for Sophie too, where'd you get you 'em?

Ness said...

I think it was Betts or Williams (they're side by side in my mall!) They're a brand called Airflex, she walks really well in them!

Joni said...

What a little cutie :o) I'm loving your blog and have a lovely blog award waiting for you on my blog http://pro-filed.blogspot.com. hope you like it!