Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quick update

I've used up all my data allowance attempting to download an update to my phone which keeps failing (great) so just a quick post to let you all know that...

ABBEY SLEPT THROUGH!!! Sorry for yelling but you know this is a major breakthrough! On Thursday night she woke once and then last night not at all. So we are holding the sleep fairy hostage (sorry Mummytime) by getting her too drunk to fly anywhere so she can prove that she's fixed the small ones sleep issues once and for all! I don't mind the occasional bad night and expect it with teething and illnesses, but not every night like it has been.

I was told that once she hit 18 months or started walking, that it problems with sleep would start to go. She's just gone 16 months and has been walking for about 3 weeks. Woohoo, I might just celebrate tonight with my 2 glasses of wine!

x

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Hallelujah!!!

Did you end up giving Abbey the "Calm" syrup?

ps. I want the alcoholic minx by COB Monday. heh heh

Unknown said...

Enjoy! My baby has been sleeping in occasionally from 9pm to 4am. Amazing! I wake up almost feeling human. Might have something to do with the vodka cranberry cocktail I have every few days but it's worth it!

Ness said...

No Calm just putting her down 15 min later and we have been putting her in her cot for a play after her bath for about 20 min (throwing soft toys in and having fun) and it seems to work, she played in her cot for 10 min this morning after waking instead of her usual scream the house down!

I'm enjoying the occasional x2 glasses of wine!

Thanks ladies!