Thursday, July 30, 2009

Roomy? Really?




Ok so we have decided that buying is not really a viable option for us as;
1. We want to build and that takes a minimum of 18 weeks,
2. We found out the auction is on the 5th of September,
3. I haven't started my job yet and its uncertain as to when I will be starting,
4. We don't want to jump into the property ownership without knowing exactly what we want and if we can get what we want for the right price.

So we have commenced scouring the websites for rental properties that fit the long list of requirements we have!

I found a property today that seemed to tick all the boxes, so I rang the Real Estate and the Rental Agent was going to be there in 20 minutes. So I hurriedly wiped the tomato sauce of Abbey's face and whisked her away in the pram to the house for rent.

Met the agent and as we went in she exclaimed 'This house is roomy, the master bedroom is nice and big and you can see the other rooms are a decent size also'. Ok, great I thought until I walked into the master bedroom. It was probably 2/3rds of the size of our current room. Hmmm keep walking, open plan lounge and kitchen, in total the same size as our current lounge, the rest of the bedrooms are tiny, the same size as Abbey's room now, which is a converted study. So I have come to the conclusion that when she said it was 'roomy' that she actually meant it had a lot of rooms, either that or she resides in a shoebox.

2 comments:

Kerri Sackville said...

or a third possibility:
real estate agents LIE!!!!!

Ness said...

Ha ha that's true!