Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I wish I had wine

I do miss the olden days, but only because there was normally wine in my fridge. I do enjoy the odd tipple and in my past life, pre-child, I did topple over in many occasions from far too much tipple. So I thought I would share a couple of my favourite photos of me from when I had overindulged....


This was from Grape Grazing, we had made it to the last winery. Just after this photo was taken I asked the nearby policeman if they would 'arrest me' for a photo. They did, not my Mothers proudest moment but it was a great laugh at the time.


This was taken at the World Cup Rugby Semi-Finals between NZ and South Africa, I'm actually pointing to the scoreboard. I'd scored free tickets through work courtesy of Visa, so they were fantastic seats. There was a policeman involved in this night too although I just had a photo, no cuffs involved.
after we left the game, we headed home, Paul had to go to the bathroom so left me on a street corner and told me to wait there. I did. He didn't come back. He had my phone. I asked a stranger to borrow theirs, I was quite upset, Paul answered from across the street at the spot he'd designated. we continued on. Waiting at the lights I proceeded to fall face first onto the pavement "look Ma no hands", why I did not attempt to break my fall is beyond me. I cut myself or so I thought, we jumped in a cab and went home. Just a minor cut as I shoved a plaster on it. Not so much a minor cut when I woke up, Dr told me I should have had at least 5 stitches and my jaw was dislocated. Ouch. I now have a scar in memory of that wonderful evening. Oh and did I mention I was wearing trainers? Yip FLAT SOLED SHOES! Ah well live and learn.
So maybe its a good thing I don't have my wine rack stocked?

No comments: