Sunday, July 26, 2009

Laughter...

It's really annoying me. It is. It's one of those things that just plays over and over in my mind. What is it?
This blog. That's what.
I have been reading other blogs and they amuse me, make me laugh until I snort, and sometimes, unfortunately, that snort is accompanied by coffee coming out my nose. But I digress, the reason this blog is annoying me as I long to be witty and amusing like the other ones I read. I used to think I was witty and amusing but maybe I'm not. Maybe like my dancing it disappeared with Abbey's arrival. Maybe I just over-think things.

I like to laugh, love to laugh. Abbey has just started to giggle. She thinks I'm amusing even when we are just playing a game of 'Hey'. The game is just that, I say 'Hey' and she giggles. Bless her, it doesn't take much.

I laughed last night. Paul and I were watching a DVD series of Outrageous Fortune (love that show!) and he put in the series 2 disc, I told him that we were up to series 4 and we'd seen this one. But noooo and then he told me I'd didn't tell him. I did. I repeated that I did and that perhaps (just perhaps) he wasn't listening. Like most 'arguments' we have this discussion was accompanied by giggling (yes we're 5 years old), he then decided to tell me that perhaps I was speaking another language, well I did, I told him in ENGLISH!

Laughter. Its great isn't it. Although I keep looking at the word 'laughter' and thinking I've spelt it wrong.

3 comments:

Angela said...

My 2 year old, Jack is terrible for making me laugh. I was rousing on him the other night and he wasn't listening. The crosser I get, the more I enunciate. So he's looking at me rousing on him, slowly and very clearing saying all of the syllables in every word when he just giggles right in my face. I can't be serious when someone is giggling right in front of me. The boy is going to have no respect for authority at all!

Ness said...

Oh cheeky! I think Abbey is going to be like Jack then, she either giggles at or she throws an incredible tantrum. Hmm I'd hate to be their teachers!

Sharpest Pencil said...

You know what? You are funny and you do make me laugh and you are witty and amusing.

Sometimes I think I can't write as well or as amusingly as all the people that I follow but then I remember that I am following some really amusing and funny people, and that is the reason I follow them. There are hundreds, no thousands of people who don't write as well as you do so just remember that you are in good company (and doing a sterling job)