Monday, July 27, 2009

Books

I've noticed some of the lovely ladies whose blogs I follow have posted about books recently. It made me think of the last time I read a book. It was over 6 months ago on holiday and that make me a little bit sad as I used to be a book worm. Mum used to take books out of the library and we would devour them. I left over 500 books in NZ when I moved to Australia. I was a collector of Pyschological Thrillers.
Now I have the Harry Potter series (yes I am a big kid we've established that previously) and a few other books I have picked up here and there.
My most treasured books in my possession are the Noddy series. The originals, you know Big Ears and Noddy sharing a bath and a bed, and of course there is the Golliwogs or whatever PC name they are given now.
They aren't in the best condition so I am giving (trusting is probably a better word) them to Paul and see if he can get them rebound for me. That way I can pass them on to Abbey when she is over her phase of tearing pages and eating them (she is a book worm too but literally devours them). I hope she will love them as much as I do.

1 comment:

Aussie-waffler said...

Yay for many generations of book worms, big and small :)