Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My 6 Loves

Ok so the gorgeous Mummytime tagged me and now I'm 'it' so I need to post my 6 Loves and after my last post of 'Guilts' and 'A Rant' it is probably a bit nicer...

So lets begin
1. I have to state the obvious here, my number 1 love is shared by Paul and Abbey. so 1a)
Paul is my partner, my better half and sometimes my worse half. I am so incredibly lucky to have met a man like him (yes he will probably read this!). But really he is, so if your stomach turns at ramblings of professed love click the arrow above, you know the one its by the website address!
Anyway about Paul: He cares about me, 'ta da' no surprises there, but he Cares with a capital C. He used to worry when I'd walk home in the rain (insert witch joke here), he has cancelled boys trips and / or rushed home to be with me if somethings happened to me, however trivial it may seem later. So he's not the best at compliments, he gets 'the look' when I give him an opening, but I don't need compliments when everything he does proves his love. I love that his sense of humour matches mine, we both love a good fart joke and still giggle like pre-pubescent children when its minus the joke.
I love that he works hard so I don't have to and that he understands when I am too tired to do housework, or anything for that matter except care for Abbey. which brings me to Abbey. 1b) I've always loved children, but I never realised how much love (yip cliche) that you could feel when looking down at a small person you have created. Abbey's favourite thing at the moment is to turn away from me as I breastfeed her and then turn her head up to me to give me kisses. Nothing beats that not even a good nights sleep! I could go on and on here but will move on to the next 5 instead.
2. My family. My family all live in NZ, across the ditch from me. I miss them everyday and even more so now that I have nieces (2 of them), a nephew and Abbey. That doesn't mean I'm going to pack up and move back home just yet though (sorry Mum). I have two amazing sisters and they both gave me the most gorgeous nieces and nephew! Mum and I have a great relationship and some of my best jokes come from her (even the time I told the naked man joke in front of a nun aged 7, sorry) and she is always there for us, regardless. Dad is the best father any child could wish to have. Mum and Dad traipsed around NZ for the most part of my early teens to support me in my chosen sport. The greatest thing is his unconditional love and that I am his child regardless of the fact I don't share his genes. So to thank him I had Abbey on his birthday!
3. Friends, I love my friends, both those from my childhood who have remained in my life and the new ones I have made. I love the fact that some of my girlfriends and I can not speak for over 6 months and then its like we saw each other the day before. Or when we can sit in complete silence and walk away thinking it was the best conversation we ever had.
4. Hugs. Love em'. Simple. Whether its a child or someone you hardly know saying thanks. The best of them all are Bear Hugs.
5. Chocolate. Can you believe I used to have chocolate sitting in my fridge for months?! I was the child that still had Easter eggs in October (and refused to share them). Now, well lets just say that there were a couple of Family Blocks in my shopping on Friday and yesterday Paul asked if he should pick some more up on his way home!
6. Sleep. I miss it, I used to only function after 10 hours. Now I (barely) function on 4-5.
So there you go my 6 loves. Now I'm supposed to Tag the blogs I love, but alas everyone else has beaten me to it so... if you are reading this then tag you're it...

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Paul is a saint! I may have to write a long letter to the Vatican to canonize him. LOL.

Love your list and totally agree with you on the chocolates...gosh how could I have forgotten the chocolates.

How indeed?...ummm...lemme see.

Coz you're a freakin walking zombie too you eeediot (I'm talking to myself here V, pay no attention to me).