Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Negativity vs Positivity

Hi again, aren't I good, another post!

I've been thinking about this a lot over the past few weeks after the gorgeous @Mummytime wondered if our virtual selves were better than the real ones. I'm thinking mine is probably worse. Why? I'm a list girl so here goes...
1. I feel I whine on Twitter and my Blog (see previous post about being sick!).
2. If something gives me the shits, I'm more likely to post about it than if something makes me happy.

Ok so my list only extends to 2 things, but they are BIG things in my books!

Why am I posting this dribble I hear you ask yourself as you sip your nice hot cuppa (ha ha I hear you say if you're a parent)? Well because in the 'real world' I don't think I'm super negative, sure I moan and whine when things don't tend to go my way or are inherently unfair but I'm pretty sure we all do that (any 'Saints' out there?).

I love to see the positive side of things, cup half full type of thing. If the positive is funny then that's even better.

For example Abbey's sleep, I think at the moment it could possibly be the worse its ever been. She goes down at 6.30pm and wakes 2 hourly until we go to bed at which time we inevitably give up and take her with us. This alone would cause by MCH Nurse to have an absolute fit but it works. But quite frankly if it works then that's what we will do.

Yes we will go back to getting her in her own bed but we are going away in a weeks time, so we don't want to force the issue only to have our weekend turn to crap due to no sleep! The positive side of the endless waking? Cuddles and kisses. She rolls into me in the middle of the night and spoons me, ok so technically it might not be spooning as she isn't that tall but its close and her back is pressed into my chest. When she wakes at 5am she turns her head to me and gives me a big wet kiss (collective 'awww' is appropriate here), she then rolls back and repeats the kiss several times. I end up with a sodden face, dribble in my eyes and down my chin (hers not mine) but I wouldn't have it any other way.

So I apologise if you are on the receiving end of a whine, moan 'get it of my chest' post or tweet, its not really what I'm like but you know the online world is an extremely forgiving and understanding one, which is probably why I'm addicted.

4 comments:

Sharpest Pencil said...

And I for one love you for your addiction. I think I can top you in the whingeing posts though. I even tend to complain about things that make me happy. Like why don't you update your blog every hour? It is awesome

Brenda said...

Wow a mention in your blog. Thanks my lovely!

I totally agree with you especially about the bitching, whining and whingeing stuff. Feels so good to get it off your chest. Thank you Twitter.

But you know life is full of unbloggy bits (borrowed this word from Cath aka @SquiggleMum) and sometimes I am not really prepared to put it out there, if you know what I mean.

Ummmm maybe I'll create my own private venting blog. Whaddya think?

Veronica Foale said...

I tend to use my blog to get things out. I go blurb and then walk away and feel better. My blog persona is probably a hell of a lot more doom and gloom than I am irl.

Ness said...

Thanks Mrs Pencil, I'll try and update more often for you!
Brenda, thanks to you! I can't figure out how to link to a blog as I don't have enough time generally so sorry about that as I would have linked to your post! I think a private venting blog is good but I'm to scared to post on them as I still think whoever I vent about could be watching!
Veronica - true its good to have the outlet, and you have had some tough times. I love your blog and the photos on it too.