Thursday, August 13, 2009

Home


(image from www.wellington.govt.nz)

Isn't that just beautiful? I can't wait to go home at Christmas, home being New Zealand. Even though I have lived in Australia for over 8 years, NZ is home and probably always will be.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Australia, hell I wouldn't be here if I didn't, but there is something about the beautiful greenery, lakes and the people that tugs at the heartstrings everytime something about NZ comes on the TV. I am a certified sook, I cry during our national anthem and get goosebumps everytime the All Blacks perform the haka!

So here are some of my pictures of home....






This is a favourite, who would've thought you could get a picture of a shag?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband is from NZ (originally Hamilton but everywhere else too) and I've been to visit a few times. Last time we went to Christchurch and Hanmer Springs. I told him I'd happily move, start a little shop or farm for a year ha ha ha.

I love NZ. I'm a sucker for the mountains, the rivers, the green. I

Ness said...

Hi Alex, I miss the green especially! I worked (work experience) in Hamilton for about a month, down London street by the river at a gym that is sadly no longer there. My girlfriend used to live in the apartments overlooking the Police carpark so we knew all the undercover cars!
We will move eventually but we want to move to Queenstown or Taupo so need to earn (well save) some $$$ first!
x