Saturday, February 13, 2010

Still sleep deprived but I think I'm well past losing it...

So the Princess still doesn't like sleep.  Unfortunately whilst on holiday being by myself I co-slept, well from about midnight onwards anyway.  Co-slept is a silly word for it as really who sleeps when you have a small persons feet in your face who decides the best way to wake you is to sit on your chest with her hand at your throat?  Or to attempt to put your glasses on as that's what Mama does when she wakes (and that's why I now have a broken pair).

Anyway, the pattern has continued since we have been home,  I do attempt the resettling but when she wakes every 15 minutes there really is only so much standing over a cot shushing one can do!

The Princess loves 'ni ni's', so much she wants to go to her cot constantly for ni ni's with her baby.  'How fantastic', I hear you exclaim, 'so clever knowing she wants to go to bed'.  Yes she is but no not really.  As its all pretend, when its is actually time for a sleep or evening bedtime, I'm pretty sure that the residents two suburbs over can hear the wailing and screaming that accompanies this.

Ugh.

So I continue on, slurring my words as if I've had a bottle of wine at 9am.  Not getting anything done. But I tell you this when she wakes and licks you (her kiss), smiles with a twinkle in her eyes and says 'Mama'  it makes you go a bit gooey and think 'well it won't last forever'.  Will it?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!! You're back. Have missed you lots Ness. Am glad you're back.

As for co-sleeping. Am guilty too.=(