Saturday, February 13, 2010

I should be doing housework...

But I thought I should come back to my poor neglected blog and its followers and update you!

I can't believe we are half way through February already, time has flown past.  So here is my updates, bullet point style so I don't swamp you with too many details!


  • Holidays, hurrah!  The princess (my new name for the wee one!) and I took off to NZ back in early December and spent a wonderful two week getting to know her cousins (my side) and family before Mr P joined us.  He was a bit hurt when she didn't run to him with open arms at the airport but she was rather stunned to see him!  Needless to say within an hour Mama wasn't getting a look in!  Then we had another week with my family (and of course Christmas) where the Princess got spoilt and had fun before heading up to the East Coast of NZ for 3 weeks  with her other cousins and family.  It was fantastic and made us pine for home (our native country and not our adopted one!).   
  • The Princess!  She is changing rapidly, everyday a new word, new imaginative play and just great fun to be around.  She was more excited with everyone else opening presents at Christmas and did a lot of 'oohhh,' and 'wow' watching.  She found the adjustment back to just her and her Mama hard as she had her cousins, Grandparents, Aunties and Uncles around almost 24/7.  Lots of play dates has fixed that!
  •  Online. You may notice I have been absent from Twitter.  I decided to delete my account as I spent more time on there than playing with the Princess. Easy choice really!  I had to delete a lot of blogs from my Reader and so I could skip to the ones I love, no offence but after 6 weeks away I had a lot of catching up to do!  A bit gutted that Whoa Mamma has stopped blogging as she is one of my favs. 
  • Working.  I have picked up some part-time, well 1/2 an hour a day, work for some friends company.  Its mind-numbing stuff but extra money always helps.  I've also taken up Avon and am on my 2nd campaign.  It takes time and I'm not expecting to become a millionaire as there are (like any business) ongoing running costs, so a little pocket money every 3 weeks will certainly help.
  • My big ideas!  Oh so many of them!  Baby steps and hopefully I'll be able to gloat and link to my glorious achievements soon!
I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and 'hi'!

Note the pasta in the Princess's hair!  Taken in December 09

No comments: